Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Just in Time for Fall Gathering - Acorns!

A family member suggested I give acorn making a try. I'd seen pictures of this done before - a real acorn cap used on top of a bead - so here's my take on the whole thing. I had to go back outside and gather a whooooooole lot more of those acorn caps to accommodate some of the beads made, but I think the whole thing ended up working pretty well. Originally I thought of Christmas tree ornaments, or maybe just a novelty piece, but these could pass as pendants too I think. Not sure how sturdy those natural caps are, but they held up really well drilling a hole in them. Guess I'll just have to wear one for a few weeks to check them out. Hope they're received well at the Fall shows! Thanks for spurring me on to do these Gretchen!

No comments: