Monday, February 23, 2009

Seaside Shells & Starfish

This is something I've been wanting to try for quite some time. I'd originally wanted to make a starfish bead using boro, but it seems I need more practice. Anyhoo - here's the first attempt mixing boro beads and my Moretti starfish. Shells and silver vines, a couple of pearls, lots of Swarovski and silver, there's even a faceted topaz in there. A beautiful free form gathering of some beautiful stuff all wire wrapped on a sterling silver bar and strung on a sterling chain. I am really ready for some warm weather now !! Better email me if you like this one 'cause it was really hard, and I don't anticipate doing it again any time soon!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Beautiful, had to have it.
Bought it at the Little River Blue Crab Festival.
Thanks Janie,
LOVE IT!